Saturday, January 10, 2009

Talented People: Bece Kidder, woman with a saw


I am very proud to say that I have some extremely talented friends. I really excited to use my blog to showcase some of their talents. I thought that I would start close to home with my roommates. The first installment is the musical adventures of my roommate Bece. Her band is the Amazing Maelstrom. Bece is a woman of many interesting and odd talents, one of these talents is that she plays the saw. Yes, you read that correctly, she plays the saw. How cool is that? She can be seen around Portland playing with her band mate (who plays the accordion). They are frequently out during first and last Thursday when Portland has open galleries around town. I am extra lucky because I get to be part of special performances like a holiday party sing-a-long with her playing her saw. Next time that she has a gig, I will make sure to post it if anyone is interested in seeing her. Also, if you have a chance, check out some of her photography at www.jpgmag.com/people/FemmeSole

No comments:

Post a Comment