Monday, December 29, 2008

With Fabric....the sky's the limit

I think that it is about time that I start talking crafts since that is the whole point of this blog. For now I am going to talk about some of my creations but in the future I would also like to include the work of some of my friends who do some amazing art. I have a business called Pickle Things. Mostly I make things out of fabric or felt. A lot of what I sell is bags, coin purses, games and play food. I use 100% second-hand materials. I like to give materials a new life. You should check out my Etsy site to see some of my stuff. www.picklethings.etsy.com or click on the link over to the side. Lately, I am really into making wall hangings. I have just made them as gifts but maybe I will try to sell them in the future. I think of them as fabric collage. For example I found this vintage towel with really cool owl images.
My roommate really likes birds so for her birthday I used one of the images to make her a wall hanging.
It is really easy to make. I am hoping to post tutorials soon so I will take pictures of the process next time in case someone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment