Saturday, December 27, 2008

I moved to portland to get away from the snow



I am happy to report that after almost 2 weeks of living in a winter wonderland, the snow is finally melting. I know that many people deal with snow all the time but this city (Portland OR) is not prepared for snow. No one shovels their walks, many streets are not plowed and most businesses shut down. A big pain to say the least. It was nice to get out in the world today without having snow filled shoes (I do not own snow gear anymore), waiting forever for a bus, or digging out my car. It was not even worth thinking about biking. Now that the ordeal is over I will try to remember it fondly. These are some pictures that my roommate Bece took of Portland covered in snow. I particularly like the snow buddha at the temple near my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment