Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It is good enough to eat.


The main project that I have been working on the last few months is felt food. It is totally fun to make and personally I like to make things that are useful like toys. I think that it is a throw back to my desire as a child to own and operate one of those little plastic pretend kitchens. The closest I ever came was little pretend stove top. I did not have a lot of play food so I remember that I ended up using this mini Mr. Potato Head from some fast food kid's meal. The only thing that you could remove was his feet so I had to cook a potato that was smiling at me. I think it left scars. These are some of my favorites: frozen treats, sushi and pigs in a blanket (with tater tots)

3 comments:

  1. These are so seriously cute!! I heart Picklethings. A lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. The only thing I wonder about is...do they pick up lots of dirt and are they washable?

    Our grandson likes to put real things like water and juice, cheese, etc. into his pretend play kitchen so we're constantly cleaning it. He'd love these felt foods (his cooking imagination is wild!), but I'd like to be able to wash them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The felt is going to pick up dirt like any other fabric. Here is a link that I think is good about how to care for your felt food. It is washable but it has to be hand-washed.

    http://americanfeltandcraft.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/how-to-wash-felt-wool-felt-foods-soft-sculpture-toys/

    ReplyDelete