Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

My roommates and I are not all that into Valentine's Day so this year we wanted to do something different to celebrate. We decided to put messages in bottles and throw them into the Willamette River with hopes they would be found later.

We had to sneak around a little bit since the city does not look that favorably on people throwing things into the river. Normally, I am against littering in any form including into a river but it was a special occasion so what the heck.Instead of a message in a bottle, I decided to write a letter to my Grandmother who passed away a few years ago. Since it was a letter written specially for my grandma, I decided to skip the bottle because no one else really needed to find it. I just threw the envelope into the river with a rock inside to help weigh it down. Happy Valentine's Day, Grandma! I miss you.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to honor Mom's/Grandma's memory!! I miss her too!! You make me sooooooo very proud to be your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely Stephanie! Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete