Friday, June 19, 2009

Crafternoon: The Armor Edition

Well it is summer time and that means that there are kids everywhere looking for something to do. As part of my effort to curb the boredom, I was participated in my first Crafternoon this week.
My friend, Anne, and I (with the help of Clay) planned to make armor. I found some vinyl that I cut into breast plates and then clay decorated the armor with a bunch of fixin's that I found at Scrap. He made a crest for the front incorporating some crayfish which should make his family in New Orleans proud. The placement of spikes on the back should make any foes shake in their boots. You do not want to mess with this man, he is one dangerous dude.

Finally, Clay added a fencing mask to his look. Personally, I like the addition because it just takes the whole outfit to the next level. Clay is a man who knows how to accessorize.
Our next Crafternoon plan is to redecorate Clay's bike helmet so that it reflects his current fierce style. No more little kid cutesy for him.

I challenge you to find a kid in your life and start your own crafternoon projects. The options are endless.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! Clay loves that he is famous on your blog! I like how Cheez-Its are an essential supply on our table. That was an awesome crafternoon! Can't wait for helmet day! Anne

    ReplyDelete