Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SCRAP Happy


I am excited to report that I just got a new job. It is at SCRAP (the School and Community Reuse Action Project). It is a super awesome non-profit that collects art supplies and office materials that would have gone into the landfill and makes them available to teachers, artists and the general community. I will be working in the store where you can find all of the fabulous goodies at a fraction of the price you would pay for new supplies. There is all your normal art supplies like paints, mat board, fabric, markers and paper (to name a few) but also random cool stuff like violin cases, fencing masks, and holographic sheets. Anything that could be used in an art project. I have been volunteering at SCRAP for about 2 years and so I am really excited to now be part of the staff. SCRAP includes everything I love; art supplies, cheap stuff, and reducing waste. I am one happy girl.
If you live in the Portland area, you should check it out on:
2915 NE MLK Jr. Blvd.
We are open Weds 11-7, Thurs-Sat 11-6 and Sun 11-5

SCRAP was just featured on KATU our local news station if you want to check it out click on the picture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment