Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Recommendation: ZOMBIES

Yes, I am a person who makes toys and loves colorful (almost sickly perky) fabrics who also enjoys a good zombie flick. I am not super hard core about it, searching out all things zombie, but I would say I enjoy zombie related things more then the average person. I think that my love is mostly due to the fact that I like survival scenarios. Survival scenarios with zombies are extra lovely because on top of trying to find food and shelter, there are zombies chasing after you trying to eat your brain. It just adds that little bit of spice to the mix. Here are some zombie recommendations:

1. Shaun of the Dead.
This movie is just plain hilarious and calls itself a romantic comedy with zombies. Dry British humor taking on the topic of zombies, you can't go wrong. It can be enjoyed by even the most zombie skeptical viewer.

2. World War Z.
This book tells the history of the zombie uprising and the war that later ensued. Zombies mixed with world politics make for a highly entertaining story. (Right up my alley.) What would the world react if disaster struck? The book on CD was really good, lots of good readers like Henry Rollins and Alan Alda.

3. 28 Days Later
There are no slow moving zombies in this movie. It is action packed and in truth made me jump a number of times when I first saw it. If you woke up alone in a hospital in a world taken over by zombies, what would you do? If you can not handle some gore and violence then is might not be the movie for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment