Monday, June 1, 2009

Last Thursday....a few days later.



I thought I would post some of the photos I took of my Last Thursday adventure. For those of you who are not from Portland, Last Thursday is a monthly event with food, street performers, craft vendors and artists who set up all along Alberta Street. They close of the street for a night so everyone can roam and enjoy all the activities. I got some pictures of March Forth Marching Band playing on the street and some stilt walkers performing. I was lucky enough to be able to just sit back in my booth and watch all the different street performers as they went by me.

A bunch of my friends set up tables next to each other to sell our various wares. I had my normal felt food and pouches. Bece and Cory both had some of their creations near my table.

Kylie (Trilliumbrella) was selling some of her paintings. Check out the tall white painting behind her. It was totally amazing. I was totally tempted to buy that one myself. Angie was selling her jewelry and feather head pieces.Unfortunately this picture does not show off her jewerly very well so check out her stuff at her web page, ASA custom jewelry. This picture also captured one of the unusual moments when I am holding a cell phone. This only happens a few times a year so enjoy this rare sight.

Bece got to perform the saw on one of the main stages. The backdrop was this amazing old bus.

1 comment: