Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crafty de Mayo

For Cinco de Mayo my roommate decided to have a crafting party to make shrines. This was my first time making a shrine. It is a good craft for my house to plan because we have loads of little things sitting around waiting to be to good decorative use. Here are some of the highlights of that adventure. Of course my shrine is more of a scene then a shrine. I like to call it 'Ode to the Summer Barbecue'. I was inspired by a picture I found from the 80's that my grandpa had taken of his barbecuing expertise. I know that most people go crazy decorating shrines but that is just not my style. What can I say? I like things simple. I also have some of the other shrines made at the party. I love how all of our personalities come out in our creations. What personality characteristics do you see in these shrines?

No comments:

Post a Comment