Thursday, March 19, 2009

Recycling Raid- Tofu Container Storage

Storage is the bane of my existence. I have a lot of stuff and not a lot of furniture. For example, I use 2 TV trays as a computer desk. This works fine except for the very limited desktop space. The little space that I have is usually covered with pens, scissors, rulers, pin cushions..... I needed a solution fast. Since I am a firm believer in using what you have before buying something new, I decided to raid our recycling bin for some inspiration. This is what I found; some tofu and take out containers.

I have a friend who used to be really into finding uses for tofu containers. She hated to throw them away but they would pile up while waiting to go to the recycling center. This must have been in the back of my mind because I was instantly drawn to the tofu containers. I thought that they would be great for wall storage. I cut off part of the tofu containers and sewed it to a piece of the take out container plastic (cut to be a little larger then the tofu container). Then I punched some holes in the top and slapped on some old recycling stickers for decoration. This is how it turned out. Not too bad if I do say so myself. Plus it was totally free...I did not even buy the original tofu.

1 comment: